People sometimes wonder why anyone would want to learn Astral Projection or Lucid Dreaming. Many have an idea or two they want to explore, but few people consider the extent of the rich possibilities. The benefits of Astral Experiences and the purposes which they can fulfill are very varied and numerous, and it is first of all beneficial to gain an overview of what can be achieved.
Besides being a lot of fun, exciting and interesting experiences in themselves, we are directly accessing through ourselves the greater realities of which the universe is composed. This process expands both our awareness and creative abilities, and because of this no effort we put into it is wasted. But really this is just the beginning …
Some movements suggest Astral Experience is a spiritual attainment in itself, yet whether this is so or not, it is certainly complementary to any spiritual path. Because of its universal accessibility, there is no philosophy or theology that is not be enhanced and clarified from the direct insight and revelation that can be attained through dreaming and projecting. This means we get to find our own answers instead of relying on superstition or dogma. In fact, many spiritual teachings and revelations have even been born or reborn in this way.
So while we can say Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection are a means of spiritual development, they are not limited to those with spiritual interests. Both can be used to greater understand and experience any aspect of life, whether physical, chemical, biological, inspirational, psychological, emotional, mental, philosophical, religious or scientific … Or whatever! In this way, Astral Experience is a highly valuable informational tool. It can be used to discover for ourselves the truths and myths of any system of thought.
One of the immediate and important benefits to successful projection is knowing experientially that consciousness – your consciousness – is not dependent on a physical body. This is a unique opportunity to gain personal and intimate reassurance that there is 'life after death'. This can be quite transformative, especially for those who have until then believed that live is 'only physical' or that we are merely our current physically-oriented personality. It is one of life's little surprise adventures, and I recommend you give it a try just to find out what it feels like outside your body. There are a number of benefits to this in itself.
With the first-hand experience of non-physical identity, the fear of death begins to dissolve. And the less you are afraid of death, the less you are afraid to truly live. As our fear and anxiety over the 'great unknown factor' decreases, so we are more able to open and embrace the 'unknowns' in our lives without fear. (Or in other words, no longer being such control freaks – we can see first-hand that the need for 'rigid control' is founded on fear of the unknown.)
As a result of this reduction in fear and uncertainty over the nature of existence and the continuity of identity, many people report further profound changes in their life. In fact, projection in general can have some amazing results. Here is a short list of commonly reported effects:
· Improved overall well-being
· A better attitude and appreciation for life
· Increased self-confidence
· Clearer and more intimate self-knowledge
· An inner peace or tranquility
· Increased responsibility and respect for all life
· Reduction of stress, anxiety and hostility
· A more expansive perspective on our life and life purpose
· Greater emotional balance
· Heightened intellectual capacity
· Better energetic intunement
· A sense of freedom from mental ruts and detrimental habits
· An awakening to new levels of growth and understanding
It is also no coincidence that many people report an increased or renewed zest for life. Our sense of wonder at the marvel of all life is restored by breaking us free from the narrow and restrictive perceptive conditionings of living a 'mundane' existence. Life is an adventure (again), an exhilarating journey of discovery. We are spurred on by the desire to grasp the opportunity to experience the next new adventure. We become the ultimate explorers of fascinating and heretofore unknown realms beyond the limits of our physical senses.
These realms are not even limited by our imagination, but frequently expand it instead! Here is just some of what we may choose to explore:
· Far reaches of outer space, including galaxies, planets and cosmological wonders
· Far reaches of inner space, including biological, chemical and atomic wonders
· Radical new worlds and dimensions with different laws
· Natural wonders, from ocean depths to amazing panoramas
· Flying like a bird (or a plane or superman) to see or visit wherever you like
· Past, present or future world events, whether local or global
· Spiritual and psychological planes, inhabited by an infinite variety of beings
· Elaborately evolved civilizations and eutopic societies
And remember, with Lucid Dreaming you can also create and experience whatever reality you like, whether that involves conversation, games, creativity, adventure, sport, music, dance, sexual fantasy (quite a favourite for most) … the list is literally endless. For many people the joy of flight is also a favourite endeavour, providing the opportunity to visit other places or worlds in an exciting way. Other examples include interacting with geniuses or idols or stars, to help us solve problems or create new inventions or improve our performance at anything we like …
There are also amazing opportunities on the Astral to interact with others, for enjoyment, growth, or knowledge:
· Meet other dreamers and projectors
· Spend intimate time with the 'partner of your dreams'
· Contact departed loved ones
· Enjoy the company of historical figures or geniuses
· Interact with non-human species and other fascinating entities
· Learn direct from spiritual beings, guides, angels, teachers, mentors, helpers and masters …!
The last point is one major reason people seek Astral Experience. Much of this knowledge can not be acquired in everyday life, whether from other people or books, because it is experiential rather than rote learning. It usually deals directly with deeper levels of learning that far surpass intellectual 'knowledge'. And, there are classes and groups for anything, and the learning is faster and the lessons more accurate than anything on Earth, and far better than a super-internet on steroids. There are even true esoteric schools that can teach us the hidden mysteries of life, death, the Universe … or anything else!
There are also a number of other beneficial effects that occur directly or indirectly as a result of Astral training:
· It will help increase and develop your clairvoyance, ESP and other psychic abilities as a result of greater energy control and intunement
· Increase your normal perceptive range, encouraging etheric sight and / or auric vision
· Can produce spontaneous, healthy recollections of past life experiences and influences
· Our experiences frequently lead to natural spontaneous healing or health revelations
· Accelerates our personal growth by giving larger and larger glimpses of our personal potential
· Promotes a greater sense of purpose due to better alignment with our greater self
Many people report this feeling of connection to something far greater than them. Whether we want to call this Spirit, or Universal Consciousness, or All That Is, or God, or whatever we choose, it is both a powerful sense of inner connection and interconnection. Finding ourselves as Souls with physical bodies rather than physical bodies with Souls leads us closer to experiencing our superconscious self, the union with which has been given names such as Ecstasy, Satori, Nirvana, Christ-consciousness, Enlightenment etc.
For many spiritual seekers this is the ultimate goal of Astral Experience, to experience Unity with Divinity. But that is for you to decide. What is your purpose and intent? Fun? Knowledge? Power's? Awareness? Growth? Unity? Whatever it is, there is no reason it will be denied you. Astral Experience is the best means for fulfilling any desire, for the Astral is the universal medium for desire and fulfillment! It awaits your active participation …!